There are a lot of remodeling power tools in the market today that promise to get the job done. But nothing comes close to what Dremel VC60-01 Velocity 7.0 Amp Hyper-Oscillating Ultimate Remodeling Tool Kit can do. Dremel Velocity is your all-in-one solution to home remodeling as it replaces many tools such reciprocating saws, traditional oscillating, circular saws, and more.
Boasting its extremely powerful 7-amp motor and unique high-torque mechanism, Dremel Velocity VC60-01 is designed to cut through even in the most demanding applications such as larger cutting jobs most old and traditional oscillating tools can no longer handle.
This review will show you why it’s loved by most home improvement enthusiasts, DIYers, and woodworkers and why it’s worth considering when replacing your old remodeling toolkit.
Overview and Technical Specs of
Dremel Velocity VC60-01
The Dremel Velocity VC60-01 has impressive technical specs that are worth mentioning.
While this tool packs a 7-amp motor and a patented crank to ensure power and precision, Dremel Velocity VC60-01 is surprisingly compact and easy to handle. It sports a no-nonsense design that doesn’t hinder one’s line of sight when working. Its patented control foot also helps for better stability and more accurate cuts when working with larger cutouts or longer sheet materials.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of its notable technical specifications:
- It weights six (6) pounds and has an electric cord (not wireless)
- Speed modes can be changed depending on your need and preference – hyper and variable
- Quick Lock ensures easy, fast, and tool-less accessory changes
- The remodeling kit includes Velocity Oscillating Tool, Tool Bag, VC90 Panel Blade, VC494 Pipe and 2x4 Blade, MM450 Wood and Dry Wall Blade, MM14 Hook and Loop Pad, MM70W Wood Sanding Paper (3), MM70P Paint Sanding Paper (3)
- The VC490 Panel Blade is a newly-designed bi-metal cutting accessory if you wish to make long and straight rip cuts in materials such as cement board, drywall, and plywood.
Using the Dremel Velocity VC60-01
With the power of its 7-amp motor, one could easily conclude this tool is difficult to operate. Well, it’s not. Dremel Velocity VC60-01 is surprisingly easy to use. Even DIYers can operate this with minimal knowledge about power tools.
The blades are easy to change because of its Quick Lock. You will be cutting with less noise and less vibration than what you’re used to with old and conventional oscillating tools. The control foot helps steady the tool which makes cutting a plywood similar to the experience of cutting a piece of cake. (Of course not, but you get the idea.)
Here are some of the reasons why Dremel Velocity VC60-01 is something you should buy today.
- Price to Quality Ratio: The Dremel VC60-01 Velocity 7.0 Amp Hyper-Oscillating Ultimate Remodeling Tool Kit may seem expensive, but it aims to replace many tools in your shed. For the price of one, you will have not just an oscillating but a multi-purpose tool. Many oscillating tools are priced even steeper than this but do not deliver the same quality.
- High-Quality and Long-Lasting Blades: Dremel blades are known for their high-quality blades that really last. Once you buy this, you won’t have to buy blades for a really long time.
- Less Noise and Vibrations, Get More Work Done: Compared to its predecessors, Dremel Velocity VC60-01 produces less noise and less vibrations which gives you the peace of mind to concentrate on your work.
- Easy-To-Handle Design: The tool was designed to be compact and easy on the hands despite its bulky appearance.
- Quick Lock: You never have to worry about changing the blades – it’s easier than ever.
A Few Shortcomings
Despite all its powerful features, there are a few shortcomings that need to be addressed:
- Price: Many buyers may find this kit pricier than others in the market
- Not Wireless: It’s 2017 and people love the freedom to move around without worrying about tripping over electric wires.
- Heavy: It’s six pounds, and some people may see this as a challenge.
With everything said, Dremel VC60-01 Velocity is still the best multi-purpose tool in the market today that delivers the power you can expect for its price. If you’re looking for a powerful, high-quality oscillating tool for any of your woodworking or home improvement needs, Dremel VC60-01 Velocity will definitely get the job done.