The multi-tool marketing is thriving with a wide range new multifunction tools appearing on the market every day. Some products, however, are simply better than others. The Fein MultiMaster FMM 350 Q is one such product.
The Fein multi-tool is a high-performance and powerful oscillating power tool that comes in a small package. The MultiMaster FMM 350 Q was released in 2014 and it’s the annual update that the company does of its tools. It has a couple of improvements over the previous model that makes it worth considering for your next purchase.
Overview and Technical Specs
There are several improvements that Fein completed in order to make the MultiMaster FMM 350 Q superior to its predecessor. This item is 35 percent more powerful and capable of producing 70% less vibration and noise reduction according to the official presentation.
The Fein power tool comes with a broad range of functional accessories that increase the range of applications. These include a universal saw blade, triangle sanding pads for different sanding sheets and three 80-grit sanding sheets (plus a 120-grit and an 180-grit sheet).
In addition, the Fein MultiMaster comes in a practical nylon bag that simplifies storage and carrying the machine around.
Let’s take a look at some of the most important technical specifications:
- A 350-watt motor that features high copper content for the best possible performance
- Electronic speed control that ensures constant speed, regardless of the load and the type of material you’re working on
- A QuickIn clamping system that features eight-point tool mounting for better oscillating torque transfer
- Front interface integrated into the handle of the tool that allows for the effortless mounting of additional accessories
- A top-mounted power switch that can be pressed effortlessly, regardless of the job and the space that you’re working in
- A long power cord for added convenience of use around the house (13 feet)
- A SoftGrip zone is incorporated in the design of the handle to ensure comfort and stability during use
- 10,000 to 19,500 oscillations per minute depending on the setting being chosen
- An anti-vibration system with Xtreme core technology that ensures the comfort of use and improves the grip
- Compact design: the multi-tool weighs three pounds and measures 18.5” x 5.2” x 9”
- Made in Germany
Using the Fein MultiMaster FMM 350 Q
The additional power and the anti-vibration enhancement both increase the effectiveness of the multi-tool, regardless of the particular attachment being used.
The machine feels solid and its operation is incredibly smooth. The blade can cut effortlessly through wood, metal, laminate, bathroom tiles, etc. Because of the reduced vibration, even inexperienced users can guarantee the evenness of the cut.
In addition, MultiMaster FMM 350 Q can be used to sand, polish, and renovate old surfaces. It’s even applicable to corners, edges, and hard to reach spots. Some people have used the tool on weathered surfaces and vehicles, getting excellent results every single time.
A number of characteristics make the Fein Multitool a much better pick than the other options on the market. Here are some of the machine’s most important positive characteristics:
- An Excellent Price to Quality Ratio: Fein FMM 350 Q compares to some of the more expensive vibrating tools on the market in terms of power and efficiency. At the same time, this tool is quite reasonably priced – a characteristic that determines its competitiveness. Fein 350 Q is significantly less expensive than some of the other tools manufactured by the company without a compromise in quality.
- Long-Lasting Blades: Fein is a company known for the quality of its blades. Even if you put the multi-tool to extensive use and you cut through tough materials, you’ll still get numerous uses from a single one prior to necessitating a replacement - and with fast cut speeds.
- Silent: This is yet another improvement that Fein focused on during the creation of the new machine. Many of the reviewers report that the multi-tool offers a significant vibration and noise reduction.
- Comfortable Grip: The ergonomic design and the SoftGrip zone both make the appliance easy to handle and to hold in position, regardless of the job being done.
- Keyless Blade Changer: Many of the reviewers loved this characteristic because it makes the process of switching accessories being used quite simple.
- Long Cord: When it comes to household repairs and improvements, a long cord is an absolute essential. Fein MultiTool FMM 350 Q has a sufficiently long cord for the execution of various tasks without having to switch from one power outlet to another.
- Easy to Control: The placement of the power switch is an improvement that Fein did on the basis of feedback that the company got on the previous edition of the machine. Users report that the new one is much easier to press and utilize, including when work is being done in a tight space.
A Few Shortcomings
There are just a couple of noteworthy shortcomings:
- No LED Light: There isn’t a LED light incorporated in the design of the multi-tool, which can make it a bit more difficult to work in a tight space with one hand while holding a flashlight with the other.
- Not Suitable for Professional Work: People who need a powerful multi-tool on a daily basis may consider investing in something more powerful.
- A Bit Heavy: In comparison to some other multi-tools on the market, this one is on the heavier side. Still, the extra weight comes from the quality of the construction.
- A Bit More Expensive Than Other Multi-Tools: If you’re looking for an entry-level product to test out, this one may not be the right one for you. Fein MultiMaster FMM 350 Q is definitely a bit more expensive than some of the other options on the market.
Fein FMM 350 Q is the perfect multipurpose tool that comes with tool kit a wide range of advancements. The reduced vibrations and maximized power are obviously two of the biggest advantages. The machine is easy to operate and control, which speeds up the work progress and increases the quality of the outcome.
The multi-tool’s shortcomings don’t really interfere with its performance. Thus, if you’re looking for an item that will last a long time and that’s cleverly designed, you’ll be happy with this Fein creation.